Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hello!


I've had this internal blog thing happening in my head for quite some time and finally I'm ready to explore typing those internal conversations, sending them out into cyberspace, and hoping to god I haven't made to many spelling and grammatical errors. Until this point, I've wondered why anyone would possibly give a care about my internal dialogue but I'm trying to overcome the retched nagging girl in my head. This blog is also an effort to try again to regain some of the titillating conversation I once had with other artists and hopefully connect again with the artist that has been living quietly inside.       

    I"M BREAKING OUT!

OK, in actuality I haven't been away from creating for very long. I graduated form grad school in 2007 and after doing a damn good job of continuing to create I became pregnant with my third child. I shifted my focus mid pregnancy back onto the growing life within and let's face it, since then I've had some trouble shifting it back. More accurately, finding time to shift it back. Along with number three came the decision to pull #2 out of daycare and stay at home to bask in all the joys of motherhood. This has been and will be hardest job of my life. It is amazingly gratifying and at times amazingly difficult. I balanced life/work with one, balanced it with two, but three brought an unbalance that I feel might ever so slowly be shifting back. 

Although I feel this blog will benefit other mothers struggling internally to create their own balance between life and work, I have no intention of focusing primarily on the topic. This blog allows work and life to coexist as they do in real time and space even though so often we try to separate them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog