Saturday, February 19, 2011

Before the next storm I arrives, I'm dreaming of new life


our little backyard, shot from a second floor window this morning


Before the gray skies crawl in and the next snow arrives today, I needed to remind myself that with the passing of winter brings new life. I hope this is a metaphor for what's to come. This has been an especially long and difficult winter for me, challenging some of my core beliefs about life and making me question the formula that so many people believe to be true: without the rain there would be no rainbow, etc.

Do hardships always turn into prosperity with hard work? Does perseverance and a positive attitude always pay off? I've had so many people say, don't worry, this too shall pass. I have worked my butt off, remained positive through three years of struggle and at the end of the day, I'm unsure if I still believe there has to be a light at the end of the tunnel. Medical issues abound, financial hardships remain, and a girl who always achieved her goals no matter what; a girl who always felt lucky and carried an internal light of optimism, wonders if sometimes, things just don't get better.

As my Grandpa always used to say... I'm still breathing.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog