Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The tooth fairy

It's been a crazy week and I've been an extraordinarily bad blogger but I am hoping to post some new work soon.

On Friday, I noticed a small pimple above my youngest son's tooth. A year and a half ago he fell, while running and playing, hitting his tooth and almost knocking it out. We went back and forth to the dentist's office for a few months following the injury, trying to save the tooth. I was told to check regularly for what would appear to be a pimple on the gum above his tooth. This would signal that the nerve had died and an infection was present. Apparently this process can take some time, if it is going to happen at all. Well the day finally came last Friday and I knew then our fate was sealed. I can honestly say I thought way too much about how losing his tooth would affect his appearance. I'm embarrassed to say it, it's trite and clearly superficial but the boy is so darn cute and I know we will wait roughly five years for the adult tooth to arrive.

Without further ado... I give to you, the extraction.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog